Heritage Landscape Supply Group is a division of SRS Distribution Inc. and believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
The Heritage Landscape Supply Group Management Training Program is designed to be a hands-on program, where you will learn and make contributions on your first day! You will have full access to everyone at the branch, while mentored by a team of people, even up to the President of HLSG. Your goal is to learn all aspects of our business, culture, and core values, so that you can rise to the position of Branch Manager and beyond. We have a dedicated Talent Management team working with you and your mentors so that your experience is like no other in the industry.
Job Title: Management Trainee
Looking for smart, hard-working students or graduates with the following criteria and interests:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievements and work ethic.
- Will relocate for promotions to advance career.
- Ready for a hands-on, in depth 8 to 18-month program at a branch.
- Interest in managing a multimillion-dollar operation or a sales role.
- Career Path: Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Territory Manager
If this is you and we’ve piqued your interest, read on for the details of our program.
The “MIT” Program
Management Trainees will be hands-on from day one as you learn every position in the branch. Other training will consist of individual coaching, conference calls, webinars, online courses, product demonstrations, and a 2-week training class in Dallas, TX a few months after you start. At corporate, you will meet the people who support and our executive team, learn valuable information from industry legends, and add key sales and management skills to help you shine. It’s here where you will also meet other Management Trainees from across the US.
The Management Trainee Program is designed to last approximately 8 to 18 months. Each person and branch is different and thus the suggested assignments and timelines may vary. You will gain knowledge and experience regarding how to manage a multimillion-dollar distribution center, by mastering the following subject areas such as; product knowledge, software, fleet maintenance, safety, warehouse operations, human resources (people management and recruiting), financial performance, sales administration, pricing, supply chain, transportation, and sales.
Your goal is to be promoted to Assistant Branch Manager first, or right into managing a small branch as a Branch Manager. As a Branch Manager, you will act like a CEO and manage and grow a branch of your own by developing your people; building relationships with your staff, customers, and vendors; creating a plan for your branch; forecasting and managing a budget; selling our products; and being a visible member in the community. All with the support of a strong management team and a supportive corporate staff. You will be required to work smart and have fun along the way.
Qualifications & Experience
- Outstanding people in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or will graduate by fall 2020/spring 2021. We prefer a major in Business, Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, Management, Operations, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, Turfgrass management or similar majors.
- Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references. Work experience that shows your interest in management or distribution will help you stand out with us.
- Academic record and aptitude for learning. We would like to see a 3.0 GPA or higher, though we have a great understanding for students who work part-time or full-time while attending school.
- Skills: computer, strategy, organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Roles in leadership positions and/or teams in school and at work.
- Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
- Embrace the mindset of the “Make Money, Have Fun and Give Back!” culture.
- People open to relocate to a city to train and then again for promotions.
- Candidates who have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation, are authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the US, and will pass criminal and driving background check with a pre-employment drug test will be considered.
How to Apply