Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control and Risk Manager
Zip / Postal Code: 100001
Type: Full time
- The job holder will be responsible for the internal control function of the organization and plans and conducts operational, financial and regulatory compliance to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk.
- Additionally, advice management in developing control solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and develop a risk-based annual internal audit plan and budget for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant financial reporting and other risk exposures.
- Oversee the formulation of policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the company.
- Perform a follow-up review of prior control issues, determining if appropriate corrective actions have been taken to address previously issued recommendations
- Oversee the evaluation of compliance of departments and divisions with stipulated and recommended processes, procedures and business controls.
- Supervise the review of daily sales transactions to ensure proper documentation and compliance issue
- Ensure internal audit and compliance training programs for management and staff are established and regularly updated.
- Responsible for defining risk categories and tolerance and recommending actions and mitigation plans on identified risks with Management.
- Responsible for the audit of all stock movement and transfers between stores
- Organize and oversee periodic spot checks in all stores.
- Oversee daily financial statements & bank reconciliations and provide standard monthly report for Management.
- Oversee daily financial statements & bank reconciliations and provide standard monthly report for Management
- Perform a follow-up review of prior control issues, determining if appropriate corrective actions have been taken to address previously issued recommendations.
- Follow ethical standard to protect against fraud and theft of the company’s assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Banking and Finance / Economics or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Internal Control, preferably in the retail sector.
- Relevant professional certifications such as ICAN, ACCA or any other related certification is compulsory
- Well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations relating to compliance, general accounting, and management controls
- Strong knowledge and practice of IFRS and IAS practices and reporting guidelines
- Strong ethical standard, objectivity, qualitative risk based thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent process evaluation and management skill.
Application Closing Date