College Bursar at College of Education, Akwanga, Nasarawa State: COEAKWANGA College of Education Akwanga, Nasarawa State, was established in 1976 and offers full-time, sandwich and part-time Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) Programmes, Pre-NCE and Degree Programmes.
The Degree programmes are in affiliation with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Bursar
Location: Akwanga, Nasarawa
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- Co-ordinating the financial operations of the College;
- Establishing appropriate internal control systems;
- Advising the Provost on financial matters;
- Preparing periodic / annual financial reports of the College;
- Interpreting and installing efficient accounting systems;
- Interpreting financial regulations;
- The candidate must be able to maintain general ledger, prepare trial balance and prepare financial statements of the College in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)without supervision
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Candidates for the post of Bursar must possess the following requirements:
- A good Honours Degree or HND in Accountancy from a recognized Institution of higher learning, plus registration with a recognized professional accounting body
- Must possess relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience.
- Must have been a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.
- Must be computer iterate
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years
- The conditions of service are as obtainable at College of Education, Akwanga.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names with surname underline
- Marital status
- Number of children including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area
- State of origin
- Current postal address and phone number(s)
- Permanent home address
- Educational institution attended with date
- Academic and professional qualifications and distinctions with date, membership for professional association / bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present employee status and salary (copy of last promotion)
- Extra curricula activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be present employer who are to forward confidential reports on the applicant directly to the registrar
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documented evidence (where applicable) and show originals of their credentials if invited for interview.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of College Bursar” on the top left-hand corner addressed to:
College of Education,
P.M.B 05, Akwanga
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.